Redemption UO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Ultima Online Free server!

2 posters

Players Guide to spellcrafting

Vox
    Vox
    Forum Novice
    Forum Novice

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Players Guide to spellcrafting Left_bar_bleue200/200Players Guide to spellcrafting Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Players Guide to spellcrafting Empty Players Guide to spellcrafting

Post  Vox Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Welcome to Vox's new guide on spellcrafting.

Now I know most of you have played on a server with spellcrafting before, but this is a refresher. However If you have not done it then, I hope you enjoy this guide.

Spellcraft is based upon two primary skills: Inscription and Alchemy, These each have a total of 200 without power scrolls and a max total of 240 with power scrolls. So the most powerful crafts are applied by those with 120 inscription or better and 120 alchemy or better. These are capped by spellcrafting to ensure balance is retained. Spellcrafting also has a few more limitations, such as the number of modifiers which at the time of writting is capped at what I believe is *10 total once the server comes up this will be checked.* Now while these seem like limitations, there are some modifiers there that allow for some very powerful weapons and armor.

One of the best ways to obtain these are to have a legendary blacksmith use a runic to create a very nice item for you. Once you gain that item, then it comes to applying the craft. This is * Extremely * Dangerous on many fronts. You can be killed by the explosions that a poorly preformed spellcraft can create or you can damage and in some cases destroy the item you were using. However a expertly done spellcraft can even leave the spellcrafter's name on the item.

Now some of you are asking, Hey vox, this sounds super interesting where can I get a spellcraft book and spellcrafting gems and jewels. Well to find yourself a spellcraft book you need to visit luna near vixin's house. There you will find a guy who sells the Spellcrafting gems at a hefty price, next to him you will find the book to retain the crafts you have. Now those magic jewels you need to help you apply the craft to an item, these are currently known to be event reward items. I have also heard rumors of a hidden dungeon that has monsters who drop these some where lost in malas. I've also heard rumors that they can drop the gems that the gentleman sells so you don't have to spend the 750,000 gold to make a spellcrafting book.

Last edited by Vox on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates..)
    Admin Drizzt
    Admin Drizzt
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet
    Experience:
    Players Guide to spellcrafting Left_bar_bleue10/200Players Guide to spellcrafting Empty_bar_bleue  (10/200)

Players Guide to spellcrafting Empty Re: Players Guide to spellcrafting

Post  Admin Drizzt Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:37 am

Very well said. As he said this dungeon does exsist, although it is very hard to find I may give out hints shortly but the monsters are not for the newbie. Happy hunting